We are proud of our show, and want to ensure that our visitors are safe, and our reputation protected. To help us with this, we have some rules for exhibitors.
- If you wish to cancel your pitch booking, please email The Show Secretary.
- Cancellations received more than one month before Show Day will be refunded less a £15 administration charge. Refunds will be made to your payment card within 5 to 10 working days. No refund will be given if you cancel one month or less before Show Day.
- A full refund will be given if the entire Show is cancelled by the Show Committee.
- You must not bring any vehicle on the closed show site between 0945 and 1730, except with the express permission of the Show Manager or Show Safety Officer. This includes bicycles and other vehicles whether motorised or not, except mobility vehicles.
- Tents, gazebos, and marquees must be of sturdy metal construction (or sturdy wooden poles for relevant structures). You must ensure that they are secured to the ground using suitable pegs, and must use guy ropes or an appropriate amount of professionally made weights.
- You must keep your area tidy and clear of obstructions such as boxes, spare stock, or other items. Items likely to be a trip hazard should be clearly marked or cordoned off.
- You may not undertake any mechanical repairs or maintenance to your equipment or vehicle(s) whilst on site or in the car parks, including a prohibition on the use of welding, cutting, hydraulic or pneumatic equipment at any time. In the event of a breakdown, contact the Show Manager for advice.
- Open flames are not permitted except as part of a purpose-built catering operation, where all applicable safety certificates should be in force, or without the express permission of the Show Secretary.
What you can sell
- You may not sell, trade, give away, or otherwise exchange any items from our banned list. The decision of the Show Manager will be final and binding on whether an item contravenes this list.
- You may not sell food or drink in polystyrene or single-use plastic plates, trays and bowls, nor with single-use plastic items such as cutlery and balloon sticks.
- Alcohol may only be sold by prior consent of the Show Committee. The Show’s bar licence (Temporary Event Notice, or TEN) will cover you while at the Show and you will be responsible to the bar licensee. You must ensure that no persons under 18 years of age purchase alcohol from you, and should operate a Challenge 25 policy.
Maintaining our environment
- Traders are responsible for removing and disposing of their own waste generated during the course of the show – you may not use the show bins. You are advised that you require a free licence to transport your own waste away from site available here.
- You may not use your own generator. If you require electricity, you must take it from the show supply.
- All traders, caterers, and attraction operators must have in place public liability insurance for a minimum of £1 million.
Banned items list
The following items are banned, and not permitted to be sold, traded or given away at any time during the show:
- Bladed weapons such as swords, halberds, or knives
- Firearms or other projectile weapons, including air rifles and pistols, and ammunition
- Medicines, drugs, and legal highs
- Pornography or adult services
- Items that are misleading, defamatory, or that contain illegal parts or content, or which are otherwise actionable under UK law
- Items that incite hatred or discrimination
- Items with misleading, exaggerated or false claims made on them
- Items which exploit the credulity, lack of knowledge, or inexperience of consumers
- Items which infringe copyright or trademarks
- Explosives, pyrotechnics, or fireworks
- Bows, crossbows, arrows and similar devices
- Catapults or similar
- Tobacco, or tobacco replacements
- Live animals
Food allergen rules
In line with the Food Allergen Labelling Regulations, all food vendors (regardless of whether for consumption on site or off site), must label or otherwise draw attention to any products which contain:
- Cereals containing gluten: wheat or Khorasan wheat; rye; barley; oats
- Crustaceans (e.g. prawns, lobster, crabs and crayfish)
- Egg and derivative products
- Fish and products thereof (except fish gelatine)
- Peanuts and products thereof
- Milk and products thereof
- Nuts and products thereof
- Celery and products thereof
- Mustard and products thereof
- Sesame seeds and products thereof
- Sulphur dioxide or sulphites
- Lupin and products thereof
- Molluscs and products thereof (e.g. mussels, clams, oysters, scallops, snails and squid)